Monday, June 08, 2009

Welcome Summer


The days are getting longer, and my summer is off to a great beginning. Here's what's been going on:

I am sitting up watching some great old movies on TCM: Mildred Pierce with Joan Crawford and Casablanca, a movie I never tire of. This, after taking in a pair of movies at the Seattle Film Festival this morning.

I've been blogging about a few of the many films I have seen thus far at SIFF here.

Recently, on a trip to the Pike Place Market, we visited the famous Shoe Museum. They have some very large shoes there.

Soccer season wrapped up. I am going to miss the Saturday games.

I chaperoned my daughter's field trip to the zoo last week. Chaperoning second graders on a field trip can be very exhausting.

My daughter asked me to shave for the field trip, but the morning got away from us. I have not shaved since May 22.

I have been watching the old Bob Newhart Show on DVD, with Suzanne Pleshette. What a great show.

I found eleven blog posts saved that I never uploaded. They include two bits about being a frequent flyer (which I haven't been in more than a year), a piece from March 14th about looking for spring which included a photo during my commute with four inches of snow on the hood of my car, and a few blasts from the past. Perhaps I'll post a few of these soon.

We sold our house. The challenge now is finding somewhere to go.

4 comments:

Auntie Joyce said...

Why would you sell your home and not have another home already picked out? Isn't that the whole ideal of moving - to a better/big house?

Rick said...

I hear the east coast is lovely this time of decade.

George said...

I recommend a lovely new home in Lexington, SC. All the cool kids are doing it.

Chuck said...

Tidewater Virginia has it all! Besides, we can skip work and deliver blueprints for our "dads." Wink, Wink, Knudge, Knudge, Say no more.