Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pills


At a recent food show I had the privilege to meet someone who has been part of my life since I was a child: Poppinfresh, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, whom I affectionately refer to as “Pills.”

Pills is a pastry chef of the highest order. His biscuits are flakey, his cookies perfectly sweet, and his baked Alaska – wow!

Although we could not reach an arrangement for Pills to bake goodies for me at the coffee bar, we parted friends. He will always have a place in my heart. And yes, when you poke him in the stomach he does emit a high, squeak-like laugh.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Hoping "Pills" has a good humor around his personal space. The photo and attached literary remembrance might be used against you should this event make its way to court. He might be particular about folks encroaching on his "flaky goodness".

Patrick said...

I love it!

Alan said...

"Pills" has suffered perferated bowels at least 3 times in recent years by over exhuberant fans like yourself. Let's pray that he is OK. Moment of silence please.