Saturday, September 10, 2005

George

I have been working on a list, also inspired by our friends at Caffinated Adventures: "10 Things I've Done You Probably Haven't."

One of the items I elected not to include on my list is my Seinfeld incident from a few years ago. Letterman used to call that sort of thing a "brush with greatness," which is when a regular Joe, like me, is involved in some mundane or bizarre incident with a stranger who turns out to be a celebrity.

Thus my BWG with The Sein.

But I digress.

Suffice it to say, I have always enjoyed his show and would, like many fans, enjoy a sequel, if only for a little while. So I thought it might be fun to publish here, without the author's permission, a rough treatment for a Seinfeld spin-off that I have on my computer:

"I had an idea about writing a pilot for another George sitcom wherein he moves to Seattle in search of the [ultimate] job. Every other episode he gets fired, each time for a different reason/situation that only George can get into. The rest of his life would be about his strange relationships with different women. With the exception of a couple of friends or a cousin just like him, he would be the only permanent cast member."

I thought the George idea was a good one. In the mean time, however, it looks like we've got George selling cars with Lee Iacocca.

1 comment:

mothy said...

Would it be apropos to replace the words "the ultimate job" with "a successful character" .