Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to the Grind

My break from the hustle and bustle ends on Thursday, and my brief foray into unemployment comes to and end when I dive into my first day at a new job.

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to get out of town during my hiatus from workaday drudgery, and visit Charleston, SC, a place I have long loved. My regret is not having a couple of weeks to linger there, stay at an inn and wander the cobblestone streets and sample the famous low country cuisine from many of Charleston's great restaurants. One of these days I'll have to do something like that.

This morning I slept in, rose late and didn't bother to shave. Tomorrow morning I am up early with razor in hand. It's time to get back to work.

5 comments:

Alan said...

Charleston is a great town, isn't it? Glad to hear about the new job, Jay. Sounds like only a brief reprieve from the daily grind. What's the new gig?

Steve said...

Warm weather. Sunshine. Palmetto trees. I miss the low country.

Todd R. Vick said...

There is something about the Lowcountry that just makes you love it. The air is fresher, the food is tastier, and that bridge...

Martha said...

Don't forget a fresh shrimp cocktail and other seafood delights at Shem Creek - mmmmmmm. Preferably consumed outside at a deck on the water while drinking a gin and tonic!

granna said...

And what a wonderful trip it was ... good seafood and a great time together. Glad to have had you home for a few days.

Love you,
Mom